Masami Shouko Professional Beauty Blender Duo

Since I started using the Masami Shouko Teardrop Beauty Blender that I purchased months ago, I never looked back. I only use my Real Technique Expert Face Brush If I have to go to work straightly from yoga class. 

Those who live outside Indonesia might be unfamiliar with this brand so let me introduce you to Masami Shouko, an affordable make-up tools brand which can be found almost in every malls or department stores in Jakarta/Indonesia. 

Now, let's jump back to the review. The general rule with any kind of beauty sponges is you have to regularly replace it with the new one after three months if you use them daily. As my teardrop beauty blender finally had to retired, I bought home this Masami Shouko Professional Beauty Blender Duo (Rp 144.900) from the nearest Kay Collection store.




At first, I was tempted to repurchase the Teardrop one as I thought all blender sponges are the same. But I am thankful that I chose these duo over my previous one as these duo are softer and bouncier, also they have smaller pores which means they don't absorb a lot of product. 

The duo are stored inside a cylinder plastic tube. The orange one, which reminds me with the Real Technique Miracle Complexion Sponge, is targeted as a foundation and concealer applicator while the pink one is targeted as blush on applicator. I personally feel you can use both for applying foundation and blush on depending on your preferences. 



I haven't tried the pink one yet as recently I wear my NYX Mosaic Powder in Dare instead of any cream product, but I can say the orange one give a flawless and natural looking complexion on my face and it allows me to apply concealer under my eyes perfectly as it has pointed-end.




In the picture above, I am using the orange sponge to apply my old edition L'oreal True Match Foundation in Apricot Ivory (R2) and I love how it looks like on my face as it looks natural. I wasn't a fan of this foundation as it"s tad lighter than my skin and gives quite heavy and full coverage If I apply it with brush, but this orange sponge definitely makes me fall in love with this foundation. 

Now let's talk about cleaning, I find that cleaning is pretty easy but I have to double cleanse using baby oil first and later with Clean and Clear facial wash to completely remove foundation and concealer stain. 

Will I repurchase? Yes, as it works great, but I really want to test out the Real Technique Miracle Complexion Sponge too for comparison as the orange one looks similar with RT sponge, I just want to know which one works better or it's a tie. 

Do I recommend this? Yes, I do. It's a bit pricier than the beauty blender sponges from Masami Shouko non-professional line but it's definitely worth the money as you got two beauty blender and they have better quality. So If you are looking forward to update your beauty blender, these duo might be the perfect option.




Love
Seruni





Disclaimer : Masami Shouko and Kay Collection don't send me these products for review purpose. I purchase this with my own money so my review is based on my honest opinion after trying the products. Products that work well with me might give different result on different individuals so please do try before buying. 


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.