The Best of NYX Cosmetics Volume One

Today I dedicate one lengthy post talking about all NYX cosmetics that I own and love (so far). I have to say that NYX is an impressive, affordable and cruelty-free make-up line that everybody loves, I mean, are there any make-up addicts who don't love this brand?




My very first encounter of NYX was the Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm. It was my very first liquid and nude lipstick ever. Though I loved the color and the concept, inexperienced me wasn't a fan of it. It takes years until I finally revive my love to the Soft Matte Lip Cream range and decide to repurchase Stockholm and add new members to the family. 

I divide this post into three sections, eyebrows, cheeks and lips product, so let's jump into it. 


Eyebrows


NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Black/Gray


NYX Tinted Brow Mascara in Espresso


Two NYX eyebrows products that I own are the NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in black/gray #01 and NYX Tinted brow mascara in Espresso. These two are impressive as they deliver really good job in defining my brows or faking intense eyebrows yet they are both affordable and stay the whole day. 



I have to say I don't use the angled brush provided in the Eyebrow Cake Powder kit as it is too stiff for my liking, I use it to take the wax and set my eyebrows, but the spoolie works perfectly fine. One drawback is you are going to run out of the wax first so you have to purchase clear brow mascara to set your brows.

The Tinted Brow Mascara is definitely my favorite go to brow product when I am in rush. I should have picked brunette instead of espresso but fortunately it still suits my coloring. It was so intense in the beginning so I suggest you to clean the excess product on the brush during first few applications. 





Cheeks 





The Mosaic Powder in Dare/Ose consists of five different colors. A swirl of it gives you a subtle and glowy peachy pink flush on cheeks. I personally think it will suit fair to light medium skin girls. You need a stiff brush to get the most pigment out of this powder. Do I love this? Yes, I do, as the chance to look like a clown is minimum, but I wish I don't need a stiff brush to get the most out of it. 


Lips

Lip products are always and always be my favorite and NYX can't do wrong in terms of creating liquid lip products.

I love the moussey texture of the Soft Matte Lip Cream and I think  the formula has been updated as it lasts longer than the previous one that I owned. Milan and Morocco are on my wish list, besides Abu Dhabi and Prague, so you know how deep my love is to this range. 




I also can say that the two sisters of NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream give pretty nice first impression to me though my heart still completely taken by the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream range.

The NYX Lingerie lipstick in Bedtime Flirt definitely lasts almost 6 hours and you need an oil based cleanser to completely remove it as micellar water won't help. It dries down completely matte and transferproof. 

The NYX Liquid Suede in Soft-Spoken is more into comforting side compared to the Lingerie or Soft Matte Lip Cream range. I won't say it is hydrating but it is not drying out your lips or dries completely matte. It does transfer a little and feels a bit tacky, but I don't mind it at all. 



One thing you need to aware is don't let the packaging of NYX Lingerie and Liquid Suede fool you. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Range contains 8ml of product whille the sisters only contain 4ml of products each and they are slightly more expensive than the Soft Matte Lip Cream.




The last lip product is NYX Slim Lip Pencil in Soft Brown. This is my first lip pencil ever and I am quite sad to know NYX Indonesia doesn't cater this baby again. It is cheap, affordable and I am in love with the light tan brown shade. This is definitely not the creamiest lip pencil ever, but I love the color so much. It is definitely a perfect nude for me so I have to order it online to stock up. 

Now, let's jump into swatches of the lip products.









Now, the first lengthy post of NYX cosmetics is done and I can sleep tight. 


Disclaimer: NYX Cosmetics and NYX Indonesia never send me their products for a review purpose. I purchased all of them with my own money so my review is based on my personal opinion after trying out the products. Products that work well on me might deliver different results on you so please do try before buying. 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.