The Best of NYX Cosmetics Volume Two





You all know how much I love NYX Cosmetics and I hope you are not bored as I am back with the second volume too soon. 

Before we jump to the nitty gritty, there are five products in this second volume review, two NYX Full Throttle Eye Shadow Palettes, Two NYX Lingerie Liquid Lipsticks and a NYX eye shadow base.





NYX FULL THROTTLE EYE SHADOW PALETTE 




DARING DAMSEL & COLOR RIOT


In the high demand of eye shadow palette which is consist of 10 to 12 shadow per palette, releasing quads and labeling them as a palette might raise some eye brows. But all make-up enthusiasts might agree that bring an eye shadow quad is far easier and handy than bring palette with 12 eye shadows as you won`t use all of them in the same time. 

No mirror and brush are provided might be a minor issue to those who needs to do quick make-up on the go in daily basis, but if you are those girls who don`t mind to bring your own eye shadow brushes and excluded mirror, you might enjoy the simplicity of this palette. 

Two Full Throttle Eye Shadow Palettes that I own are in Daring Damsel #FTSP01 and Color Riot #FTSP08. Both can be used to achieve subtle office and intense smokey eyes looks as both of them are brownish shades though with different hues, Daring Damsel is more into neutral to cool tone brownish shades while Color Riot is more into orange hue brown shades with warm undertone which reminds me of Morphe 35O that is in my wish list.



Daring Damsel, Top : without base, Below : with base underneath


What I like about Daring Damsel is all shadows are buttery, pigmented and easy to work with and the darker shade is not a plain boring dark brown, instead, it is a red brownish burgundy shade which screams my name.



Color Riot, Top: without base, Below: with base underneath


In the other hand, the consistency of Color Riot is not as good as Daring Damsel though the shades are on trend and stunning. It is a bit hard to work with the matte orange shade as you need eye base to make sure the color pop and the peachy pale highlight shade has a lot of fall out. 

What I like about Color Riot are the matte brown transition with orange undertone and the cranberry shades. This is overall a beautiful palette but NYX Cosmetics needs to work with the consistency. 

Fyi information, I didn`t purchase Color Riot at NYX Cosmetics Indonesia counter as I don`t think that they have catered Color Riot yet. 


NYX EYE SHADOW BASE IN WHITE/BLANC  #ESB01




I consider this as one of NYX cult classic items besides the Soft Matte Lip Cream and Jumbo Eye Pencil as I have seen this when I was in university and I can see why it still exists.



It is a plain white eye shadow base with a sticky texture so you might need to set it up with white eye shadow, but it does make eye shadow pop. 




This might be an affordable alternative of higher end eye shadow base which works wonderful, so if you have drugstore palette which isn`t really pigmented, you can try this eye shadow base to make them pop. 

More tips and tricks to boost up eye shadow pigmentation, check this video out, she is one of my favorite Melissa Alatore - How to make any eye shadow POP


NYX LINGERIE LIQUID LIPSTICKS 



Left : Exotic, Right : Bedtime Flirt


I have been eyeing this range for a long time and I think most Indonesian make-up enthusiasts must rejoice when NYX Cosmetics Indonesia finally caters this range though not all shades have been released here. 

As I haven`t tried all the shades, I can`t give further comment about the consistency of each shade but I don`t have any problem with the two that I own. It isn`t hydrating but also not drying and the lasting power is superb as I only need to do a little touch up after eating oily food. 

My very first purchase is NYX Lingerie in Bedtime Flirt #LIPLI08 is a pinkish peach nude shade which will complement intense eye looks.Sometimes I pair it above my Wet and Wild Color Icon Lip Liner in Plumberry and it looks really great together. 

Another one that I own is NYX Lingerie in Exotic #LIPLI12, a reddish brown color which surprisingly wearable on daily basis. 

I am totally in love with this range and can`t wait to welcome more shades into my collection. 



On Eyes : NYX eye shadow base and Color Riot, on Lips: Bedtime Flirt


On Eyes : NYX eye shadow base and Daring Damsel, on lips : Bedtime Flirt





Disclaimer: NYX Cosmetics Indonesia never sends me products. I bought them with my own money so my review is based on my honest opinion after trying the products. Products that work well on me might deliver different result on you, so please try before buying. 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.