A year without SLS and (almost) dimethicone








It`s challenging to follow the no SLS and dimethicone route if you live in Indonesia, as the market is still flourished with smooth silky hair products. You can`t find any supermarket shampoos without dimethicone and SLS which reportedly can damage your scalp and hair. 

I was a big fan of L`oreal anti frizz system which included the shampoo, conditioner, mask and serum. Imagine how much dimethicone I`ve applied for years to tame my frizzy hair. I didn`t realize that it weighed down my hair and caused build-up. 

Then one day, I read about the No-Poo route which means you only wash your hair with baking soda and rinse it with apple cider vinegar. It sounds promising but it isn`t practical at all. So I stopped that route and hopelessly tried to find a sulfate and dimethicone free one.

After a long quest for years, I can say that now I have four products that I use regulary. All is sulfate and dimethicone free which makes my scalp less greasy and my hair starts to have more volume.

MooGoo Milk Shampoo (IDR 192.000) 

It comes in big bottle which isn`t handy at all. It smells like milk and can be a bit difficult to be lathered up but it washes the dirt away without making my hair becomes dryer. It still can caused build-up but it`s not greasy build-up, does it make sense?

MooGoo Milk Conditioner ( IDR 192.000) 

With the Yak ( I guess it`s Yak) as the icon, this isn`t travel-friendly too, but it smells amazing and tame the frizz without weighing my hair down. Again, like all the MooGoo products, they are all edible and cruelty-free.

Natural Hut Coconut Oil

I guess this has been diluted but it still moisturizes my hair well. I use it once or twice a week before washing my hair.

The Body Shop Grapeseed Oil ( IDR 199.000) 

Smells amazing and moisturizes my hair without weighing in down . I can`t check the ingredients list but I am pretty sure it`s dimethicone free (hopefully). Definitely yeay for this Serum


Have you tried any of them? sound off below.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.