An Introduction to Vitamin A Derivative : Derma E Anti Wrinkle Vitamin A Retinyl Palmitate




To my teenager students, I am not young anymore. If you are dealing with puberty acne, Don't follow my route. If too much coffee ruins your body, lack of sleep means half alive the next day, carry on reading. I am officially 26 three months ago and though I am blessed with a cold resting bitch face which is believed to slow down the wrinkle formation, further prevention is still needed, my boyfriend is a teenager, understand me.

My non-stop obsession toward Into the Gloss and Byrdie.com leads me to, Retin-A, Retinol and Retinoid, vitamin A derivatives which are reported to promote skin cell turnover. In short, it will improve skin by diminishing sun damage, even out skin texture , prevent wrinkle formation and clear up acne. Promising ingredients to stay forever young.

But before I jump on the bandwagon, I am well aware that the above mentioned derivatives might flame my skin during the adjustment period, it takes 12 weeks to start seeing any differences and I can only use it at night since it will make my skin becomes super sensitive towards sun light. 





Since it sounds as aggressive as my bae's exes, I didn't think of trying.  Then I saw Derma-E Anti Wrinkle Vitamin A Retinyl Palmitate Cream. Retinyl Palmitate is the gentle form of vitamin A derivatives so it should be less aggressive, sounds like a nice option to my skin which never used any vitamin A derivatives product.

The direction to apply the creme twice a day is alarming me, but I never skip SPF, this is a gentle derivative and the Retinyl Palmitate itself mentioned before the last ingredients, which is Allantoin, so this product doesn't contain a high concentration of Retinyl Palmitate. But since this is promoted as a high potency Vitamin A, does it mean an effective result with low concentration?






I have been using this creme for six months, the adjustment period leaves my dry skin a little bit drier, up to the point when my foundation cracks so I need to purchase primer and later priming water.  I don't experience any inflammation or redness but my skin becomes more reactive towards sun and certain ingredients. However, I love how my skin looks like these present days, it looks healthier and smoother. It's too early to say it reduces sun spots and fine lines but I repurchased my second jar so I should have better opinion by next year.

It's not a product I will recommend to anyone to buy since cheap Retinol tends to be less effective
or it might be too aggressive to your skin. If you think of trying, stock a super moisturizing serum to combat the dryness and sunscreen.

So my final words? I like this creme but I can't recommend you to buy it either. Derma- E advice to use it twice a day also leaves me with a big question mark since Retinyl Palmitate shouldn't be used under the sun.

My advice is , go to EWG website to dig deep and read all the links I attached here before using  any Vitamin A derivatives products. 





Disclaimer : This isn't a PR Post, for further information, head to my PR and Inquiries

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.