If you hate lip tints, you need to try this: Syca Lip Tint Velvet Pink & Caramel Beige Review

Syca Lip Tint Velvet Pink and Caramel Beige
The sleek and clean white packaging is eye-catching


If there is any confession I have to make, it'll be, that I used to hate lip tints. The reasons were one, they stayed only at the center of my lips. Two, they used to be extremely drying. Three, they smelled like cough syrup. Four, they tasted bitter. As much as I adored how it defined my lips, I felt they were my least favorite lip product. Then it took one bright and sunny day when I accidentally slipped to Kenny's Instagram, only to find she was waiting for Syca's Caramel Beige restock, and since then, I have never looked back. 


Syca Lip Tint Velvet Pink and Caramel Beige
Syca Lip Tint Velvet Pink and Caramel Beige


If you follow my Instagram, it's quick to point out that I collect more Secondate Milky Gel Lip Tint than Syca ones, but if I have to choose my favorite, Syca will be the winner. And below are the reasons why I love Syca Lip Tints so much, that much until my heart was weak when Tina persuaded me to use her brilliant cheat sheet to adopt everyone's favorite Caramel Beige


They are not drying! 



Syca Lip Tint Swatches
Top: Velvet Pink, Bottom: Caramel Beige


I remember those painful years when Korean lip tints were a major hit and as someone with dry and sensitive lips, it wasn't a trend I could follow. However, I assure you that Syca lip tint(s) are different. The lightweight hybrid of cream and gel consistency is comfortable and it allows me to use them without any lip balm underneath. This is coming from someone whose lips used to bleed after wearing lip tints all day. 

Btw, they have two different formulations, the first two shades, Red Rose and Tangerine Orange have thinner consistency with sheerer pigmentation. Since I haven't tried them, this review focuses on Velvet Pink and Caramel Beige. 

They won't stick only at the center of your lips! 


Benedicta Seruni is wearing Syca Lip Tint Caramel Beige
Bene is wearing Syca Lip Tint Caramel Beige


In the past, I had used my fingers, and brush, and carefully & patiently waited until the lip tint completely dried down before moving my lips in order to get even coverage that I rarely achieved. It was a successful attempt with the Peripera Lip Tint(s), but the formula was drying. 

I have no idea how much time the Syca team has spent during the product development stage to ensure the lip tint will stay all over my lips. Fingers, brush, and the applicator does justice to get even coverage all over my lips. 

The Staying Power (it's strong, but won't linger 'til the next morning)

When I was younger, staying power was something I was looking for, but lip tints with unshakeable staying power tend to dry & stain my lips until the next morning, even after being cleaned thoroughly using an oil-based cleanser the night before.

Compared with other lips tints I've tried in the past, the staying power of Syca's Velvet Pink & Caramel Beige is not the strongest since I need to reapply after big meals. However, it survives light bites, and coffee, and fades evenly throughout the day.

The Shade Selections Work on Our Skin Tones & Not Intimidating


Benedicta Seruni is wearing Syca Lip Tint Velvet Pink
Bene is wearing a dab of Syca Lip Tint in Velvet Pink. You can build the intensity to achieve more vivid pigmentation. 


Back in the early days, Korean lip tints were a selection of bright and intimidating colors.  As someone with a medium skin tone, the non-office-friendly shades didn't always complement my skin tone. I'm well aware that Dior produces more wearable and office-appropriate shades years later, but the price tag is rather high for university students or entry-level employees. 

The Korean beauty industry was late to notice that not everyone is comfortable being head-turners with bright and intimidating lips. Sure, red and hot raspberry pink are the cheat sheets to look fresh with minimum products, but what looks good on TV and magazine spreads might not always work in real life, now it's art imitates life moment. 

Syca is filling the gap for those who want to be the best version of themselves instead of faking confidence with bright and fun lip colors. Sometimes, confidence doesn't always come from wearing vivid bright red or hot pink lips, but by enhancing what you already have. 


They sound too good to be true, but what do you wish they do differently?


If there's anything I wish Syca did differently, it'll be expanding the shade range so it's more inclusive. Its recent launch worn by a beautiful friend of mine, Ajeng, Brick Red (06) is the answer to the wishes of releasing a universally flattering shade. They are as well going to release the fifth shade which leaves me to wonder, will it be as iconic as Chanel's No.5 until they released number six first? Will it be another universal flattering MLBB like Caramel Beige or a toned-down bright shade?

Retailed for Rp 129.000/ 5ml, this is probably not the most affordable lip tint on the market, but for the staining power, comfortability, and the sleek yet eye-catching tube, I won't complain. I'm happy that they don't come with boxes and the zip lock is quite useful, though I ruined it only after a week. I still hope they'll alter it with greener alternatives. 

As the final note, I'll say thank you, my dear Kenny, though now I'm not entirely sure whether I should say thanks for her frequent attempts to break my budget. 

Have you tried Syca Lip Tint? What's your shade? You can buy Syca Lip Tint at their official store at Tokopedia Shopee, or at Sociolla ( use my discount code SBN057DE3 to save 25K)



Spoiler alert: I'm writing a comparison post! Drop down other lip tints I have to try for you in the comment section. 



 Disclaimer: This isn't a PR Post, for further information, head to my PR and Inquiries.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.