Best Affordable Powder Highlighter : Luxcrime Ultra Highlighter in Stardust Review


" I'm not utterly pleased to find a proudly Indonesian brand sells products ' Made in China', but it's still a good value for money," - Seruni



When I purchased Luxcrime Ultra Highlighter in Stardust, I thought that local brands mean the products are manufactured in Indonesia, so it's only natural if I'm disappointed to find it is manufactured in China. Listen, I don't yet understand how to run a business, the production cost is probably higher in Indonesia since they might need to import the ingredients, I don't blame Luxcrime at any cost, I just need to work on my expectation.





However, my minor disappointment is paid by the 12 gr size  ( when will I even hit the pan ? ) and how beautiful the rose gold shade is. Avoid going heavy-handed or using a tapered brush since overdoing can mean emphasizing skin texture, especially under a direct and harsh light. I found a fan brush to be the most compatible suitor to achieve the pigmentation I desire ( I'm not here to blind anyone).




Since it's a rose gold shade, I found it has a tendency to look a little bit frosty ( I notice silver micro glitter here) on darker skin tones. This would look great to those who fall between light to light-medium skin tones. However, the Thunderstorm shade might be the universal flattering option.


Notice the silver glitter and my skin texture?


I have to admit that it takes a few weeks until I come up with the conclusion that Luxcrime Ultra Highlighter is my new favorite. At first, I thought it was the culprit behind my forehead cystic acne, but I'm happy that I give it other chances to shine on the highest point of my face. Turns out, it's not disappointing at all. Good job, Luxcrime!




Oh, I also love the holographic packaging and the staying power, it stays from 8 - 6 unless you keep touching your face, which I hope, you don't.




Update 27/12/2019 : I found Real Technique Miracle Sponge as the best applicator. Using wet sponge to pick the product can cause the product to look yucky, but using sponge ensures even distribution.


Disclaimer : This isn't a PR Post, for further information, head to my PR and Inquirie

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.