The Best of 2019 Makeup, Soap and Toothpaste




2019 ends in a blink of an eye, what a relief. With Trump Impeachment, inverted yield curve, breakup, Trump's jealous with Greta's Time cover, I don't know how I managed to survive 'til the end of 2019.

There is no  skincare in this post since there is nothing I keep repurchasing. It's also worth noting that skincare is something personal and I don't want my recommendation to break your skin out.



April


Mac Strobe Cream in Pinklite and Real Technique Miracle Sponge were my very first try from both brands. Strobe Cream is about a healthy radiance glow, not a laser focus streak and blinding one. The Miracle Sponge, I've tried some dupes in the past, but they never made me filed a divorce to the makeup brush, I use this sponge for almost everything. They surely have the cult following for the quality and I can see myself coming back to both in the future. 

May



Sephora 10HR Perfection Wear Foundation was an affordable pick from Sephora aisle, but ever since it regains the status as a value buy, the price goes up, what an oxymoron. Luckily, L'oreal offers the reformulation of the Infallible Stay Fresh, the Fresh Wear 24 HR Foundation. The satin-matte coverage with affordable price ensures L'oreal to slowly, but sure climbs the ladder of the best drugstore foundation. I think it'll be the new drugstore classic, especially to those who are allergic to Cyclopentasiloxane.

Another honorable mention is the Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink. The non-drying and long-wearing formulation, though a bit tacky, set themselves not only as a winner but also as a reliable partner for any wedding invitations, family dinners or any events which not allowing any touch-ups in between.

   
July 


This is a year when I became brow obsessed. Esqa wins the first half of the year, but then NYX comes with a pomade eyebrow pencil and paddle brush before Fenty's. I ordered a tad lighter shade and only to find it lasts for a month. But in the end, I love how my brows looked. A stranger in Transjakarta even talked about how beautiful my brows are behind my back, probably thinking I don't get Indonesian at all. I should have told her the magic of this NYX Fill n Fluff, we might have ended as beauty friends. 


August 




There is always dementors on my birthday is a lesson well -learned that I have to give myself a solo gate away by next year. But this year I spent my birthday mindlessly driving 20 km away to find Bobbi Brown Crushed Lip Color in Bare and Babe were out of stock. I don't regret another trip to get my hands on this beautiful and comfortable Lip Color. I have worn them non-stop, it means something for someone who rarely finishes anything.




A functional yet effective pick was Dentiste Plus White Toothpaste. There is no Flouride in this toothpaste so it's not an ideal substitution for any regular Flouride toothpaste.  But the blend of Peppermint, Cloves, and Eucalyptus are refreshing concoction for anyone who wants fresher morning breath.

Good Virtues Co. Dependable & Devoted Deodorant hands down the best drugstore deodorant. While it's loaded with Cyclopentasiloxane and Aluminum, It leaves no stain and yucky scent at the end of the day. No armpit acne so far.

Love Beauty and Planet is the liquid soap of the year. While I favor the Yellow (Coconut and Ylang-Ylang) one, the Pink (Murumuru Butter and Rose) one convinces my sister too regularly using soap. The scent is divine and luxurious. Thank you, Dyn!


October 



I'm not sure this was the October buy, but Clio Air Prism Sparkling in Coral (19) is a beautiful glittery and balmy eye shadow topper that works well with any eye shadow that I was struggling to pull since it translates to be almost colorless topper that softens any raspberry eye shadow. It lasts for almost 8 hours with minimal fading and smudge. A great choice to create any festive eye make up look.

Pixy Twin Blush was an impulsive purchase that I can't stop reaching. Pretty Plum is my favorite daily blush while Active Pink is for the days when I don't want to wear full makeup yet still wanting to look alive. I found the stippling brush as the best applicator for this cream to powder formula. The staying power depends on your base, setting spray and how often you touch your cheeks. My two cents, Pixy should just promote this as solely a cream blush instead of lip and cheek product. 


December



I can confirm my legacy as one of Lisa Eldridge Fan since I finally tried her True Velvet Lipstick in Velvet Muse. While the ingredients don't contain anything like plant-based oil which can be heavily glamorized by the marketing team, the formula is comfortable & long-wearing. When it's Lisa's work, you don't need to roll your sleeves and promoting it with extensive green-washing vocabulary.


Another honorable mention is the Catrice Liquid Metal Eye Shadow. The affordability doesn't mean it compromises the quality. While fingers are the best artistry tool to build the pigmentation, I prefer  a synthetic brush to achieve softer pigmentation. 


What I learned from myself this year

Lip gloss isn't something I enjoy, but lip oil might be one, so it's something for next year. As much as I love liquid lipstick, the traditional bullet lipstick is somehow my bulletproof option.
While cool-toned shadow suits me best, I found neutral to warm eye shadow to give a little pick up on my face. I also found myself gravitating toward liquid and mousse eye shadow than the powder ones.
I'm not a brush person, fingers and sponges are the best applicators, even for moisturizer.
Dewier products offer better-staying power since my skin is so dry then nothing can cling on it.
Never buy a dupe if you've been eyeing something for too long, I found the distraction only wasting my money and time, I ended up coming back to the one I want and ended up using them 'til the last drop.


Next Year

It will be the year of me celebrating Mac Cosmetics since anything, MAC keeps calling me. I predict Mac will regain its cult status again. Bobbi Brown Intensive Serum Foundation is another thing I want to try.
Kosas, Roen, Tower28, and Ilia are the brands that I give the space to try next year but things might change with new releases.


Do we share the same favorites? Or is there any thing you buy because of my recommendation? Sharing your 2019 favorites and things you want to try next year are very much welcomed.


Disclaimer : This isn't a PR Post, for further information, head to my PR and Inquiries

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.